Friday, September 5, 2008

Grown-up!!

Cameron and Caiden like to play with old cell phones that don't work. Well, they like to play with mine and aarons and call each other back and forth as well. Anyway, I was driving home from work the other day and the kids in the back seat playing.

Cameron goes "Mom, I need a battery to put in this phone so it will work. Get me a battery right now!"

I say "Why do you want it to work?"

Cameron goes "Because I need it to turn on and work."

I say "well you have to call the phone company and pay money to hook it up and get a phone number and then it will work."

I say again " Why do you want it to work?

Cameron says " Because I need to pretend I am a grown up and talk on the phone to people."

I started to laugh with him and told him when he is older he can have a real one. I guess I talk on my phone way too much. I know it is true. I get bored in the car since I have to commute to Salt Lake. I am really a phone junkie.

2 comments:

The Pyne's said...

That is soooo cute! I love how kids say the funniest things and how they pick up on stuff that we do. Your kids are so smart! If you ever come out to NY and visit (PLEASE DO!) you cannot talk on the cell and drive or you get pulled over! Well you can have a hands-free set. Hope all is well!

marianne said...

YAY, you're blogging again. I WISH I could talk on my phone a bunch. Jason is such a motor mouth that I don't have any minutes left on our plan once he is through gabbing! Ha ha.