Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hospital Visit!!

Since I have been laid off from work I have been painting my moms house on the 2nd floor. Which includes 3 huge bedrooms, one huge bathroom that is almost the size of a persons bedroom a master bedroom with a huge walk in closet and a bathroom and a hallway. I started on one of the rooms over the last two weeks and I did the layer of primer on the walls. I saved the ceiling for last. I have a lot of problems with Arthritis and Muscle spasms in my neck. The day after I did the ceiling I started to get a pain in the right side of my neck. For the most part it was like a regular pain I have always had when I get a flare up or a little spasm of stress. Well then the next day it started to get worse so I loaded up on the max dose of Tylenol and Aleeve. Thursday night I took some Tylenol PM and went to bed on my right side. I woke up at 4:45am and tried to move and I couldn't. I couldn't move my arms or my head. When I tried all the pain rushed to my head and I felt like I was going to pass out. As I got nervous of something bad happening I woke aaron up and said call my mom tell her to meet us at the hospital to take the kids. Sorry mom for the call at 5 am on a Friday. Turns out I just had a major muscle spasm in my neck that felt like an on going charlie horse that you get in your legs or something but wouldn't release. I got two awesome shots in my rear and had about 4 days of recovery ahead of me. So the point of this story is someone who knows that they have issues with their neck should not paint ceilings and I should get paid for loss and sufferings!! :) I should have taken a picture of me with my head all sideways to document it but I didn't. Maybe next time.

10 comments:

Hanson Family said...

Scary, I am so sorry to hear you were in so much pain…. I hope you are feeling much better!! Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Me said...

That sounds horrible! And I'm talking about the shot in the rear... j/k! Nate sometimes has neck problems too, I'll be sure and tell him not to paint any ceilings. No seriously, sorry!

marianne said...

Wow, I hope you are ok. You must be one of those women who thinks they can do anything. The "Superwoman" complex. I feel like a jerk for asking you to play the piano. This is one of those times that you should have said, "No, I almost died a few days ago!" Hopefully your hubby and kids are letting you get some rest.

Me said...

So could you please explain to me why a pregnancy counter is on your blog. RIGHT NOW!!!

Angela said...

Is this an April Fool's joke? or serious about baby Camile?

Angela said...

Is this an April Fool's joke? or serious about baby Camile?

Me said...

Yeah it just occurred to me it is April Fool's Day and this is probably a joke. I SWEAR!!! Someone else just got me too by telling me they were engaged. Am I so gullible??

Marc Gingell said...

Okay, I was just going to ask about the baby counter, too. But then saw the other posts and thought, hmmmm... Guess we will see tomorrow if it is still there. I wish I had thought of that earlier though. I coulda really freaked some people out!!! Maybe I will still put one up and see if I can get anybody......

lynsey said...

hanna you were thinking the same thing i was, happy april 1st! on another note, that is crazy about your neck & all you had to go through. i'm glad you're feeling better!

The Pyne's said...

Wow, no fun! I'm glad you are getting better. I loved the gag of the pregnancy for april fools day. I was going to do the same to lance but since we just had a baby 4 months ago, I was pretty sure he wouldn't fall for it, so I was boring and did nothing. Let me know if you need any help with your kids!! You know I'm home all day and we could come over and play and help out. Give me a hollar if you need anything! =)