Wednesday, April 30, 2008

how uncomfortable are shoes?!?!


O.K. so I am finally trying a pair of shoes with a heal. I am trying to wear more nylons with my skirts and I have noticed that I do not have a pair of brown sandals without the strap between the toes. My mom and I went to Ross tonight. I have always gone to the ones down in Salt Lake since I have always worked down there and I can never seem to find anything that I like. The new one in Layton opened up recently and we decided to check it out. My mom was only looking for work out shoes and I well I am always up for a shopping trip. Anyway I found some brown Pumps from BCBGirls that I purchased. They were $35.00!! That would have almost bought 2 boxes of diapers. I have not spent that much on shoes in a long time. Well I did just buy nike's for 39.99 but they will last me about 5 yrs like the last ones I just had to replace.

Why do we buy shoes that are uncomfortable? Is it for looks or to by in style or do they really feel good on your feet? For me I would rather buy a 10$ shoe that is not in style, comfortable and I can wear with every outfit. I have reached outside of my box in style and trying something new. I will try and find pants to match these shoes and wear them to work later this week and update on how it went. I was to lazy to take a picture of them so I tried to find some as close as I could on the internet. The style is the same just they are tan and brown with the letters bcbg all over them. There is no buckle either.

6 comments:

Marc Gingell said...

I am all about the flip flops, too. I have NO shoes like the ones you just bought and I don't spend that much on them either. My sister has no problem with $100 shoes, but I just can't. I like to get shoes on clearance from the Kohl's website. I got some $48 shoes for $8...it rocked!

The Pyne's said...

cute shoes hanna!! I want to buy a new pair, but again the $$$$ is a problem. I can't stand any other shoes than flip flops. Good luck with the new shoes and hoping no back/feet problems occur! JK

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The McNeely's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The McNeely's said...

I, like Hillary, would rather wear the flip-flops. I know how to fix your shoe problem though, ....... get a job that does not require fancy-smancy shoes. HAHA I know I know - a lifegaurd. You wont have to wear shoes at all. Oh, and we have BRONCOS on our blog too. :P ~Michelle~

The McNeely's said...

ok ummm all I wanted to do was add my name at the end so you didn't think Shawn was talking to you LOL. So disregard the deleted comment. It was exactly the same but without my name at the bottom.