Monday, March 28, 2011

I am learning to cook!




Ok Ok!!! I know I should have learned to cook in High School. For any of you that don't know, I Failed Cooking in HS. Really, I did. I have the report card to prove it. A Big Fat "F"!!!!! I should scan it in and post it. Maybe I will have to dig it out where ever it is right now in my messy house.
Lately, I have been really wanting to cook and read novels. BIG SHOCKER HUH!!!! I have just recently completed Jane Eyre and a lot of other novels my sister has been giving me a list of. Also, I have pulled out some cook books and have started to cook.
I decieded on Sunday that I was going to make a full meal of stuff. I had to only work with what I had however. I put in the crockpot diced Pork, BBQ sauce and Onions. MMM it smelled so good when I came home from Church. I pulled out the handy Kitchen Aid and started to make rolls. Now, this is why I failed in HS. I killed my yeast amongst other stuff. I was really nervous to make the rolls. I tried not to doubt myself. I thought that if I did, I would fail and the rolls would suck! The roll making went ok. I didn't know when to stop with the flour, so I think I added way to much. But they kind of worked out. Well, the people who ate them said they were good. That is all that matters in my mind. I made some creampuffs and the filling for the puffs. Threw in some jello, pasta salad and some Beans. WHALA!!!! I had made a Sunday day fit for a King. Well, maybe not a king. But the Garcizzles ate it up!!!!!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow! Very impressed! pretty soon you will be cooking more than me! Lol! That's not really hard to beat, I haven't cooked very much lately.

Elizabeth said...

Hanna you are so funny! You are a great cook! Remember those nachos you made me, and I ate the whole dang heap of them?

Rindy said...

I'm glad you are blogging again. I miss seeing what my friends are doing. As far as cooking goes, depending on who you had for cooking in HS, I wouldn't exactly take that as a sign of whether or not you could cook. LOL! Remember our sewing teacher? Her cooking class was lame.

Garcizzals said...

RIndy I have your old blog address I need your new one. my address is hannabananacc@yahoo.com

veryheatherly said...

Hanna, your blog is so cute! I can't believe how big your boys are getting!!